During WWII, Picton Bus Service was operated by Mr L.S. Rutter until he sold the business to Mr George W. Higlett and Mr Gordon L. Lee in February 1949. Mr Higlett and Mr Lee operated the neighbouring Camden-Burragorang Valley-Yerranderie Service. The partnership was later split with Mr Higlett operating the Camden services and Mr Lee operating the Picton services.
When Gordon passed away, his wife Irene and son, George, continued operating as Picton Omnibus Services Pty Ltd and later Picton Coaches. In March 2000, Frank D’Apuzzo, Peter Simpson and Peter Ferris of Buslines Group purchased the business from Mr George Lee. The business operated as Picton Buslines and although a separate entity, it operated as part of Buslines Group.
In September 2021, following the passing of Peter Simpson in May 2020, the shareholdings were restructured and full ownership was transferred to the Ferris Family.
With 28 buses and 35 staff, the business operates from the state-of-art depot in Wonga Road, Picton, providing school and commuter services to the Wollondilly’s towns and villages. The operation serves the communities of Picton, Thirlmere, Tahmoor, Bargo, Wilton, Yanderra, Buxton and Lakesland through to Camden, Narellan and Campbelltown to the north.